Saturday, March 1

February - Album Of Last Month

Hot Chip's 'Made In The Dark' may be utter brilliance, and even though I knew Los Campesinos! would make something special, I was still surprised at just how special it was. Sure I still can't get enough of Laura Marling's debut, though we're forget about One Night Only and their rather shoddy piece of album altogether. Also Nada Surf's 'Lucky' is in my opinion their best album to date, and to be honest that I Was A Cub Scout debut too surpassed my expectations. Yet there can only be one Album Of Last Month...

Pete and the Pirates - Little Death - Stolen Recordings
There's a reason this lot were in my Top 5 'Next Big Things' at the beginning of the year. They are simply magnifico. In a musical sphere currently over-stocked on Korg-keys, guitar grime and folk cats, the straight up strings and pretty jangle of what has packed 'Little Death' to the brim is genuinely refreshing. Made evident by the already noted 'Come On Feet', 'Knots' and 'Mr Understanding', it turns out P&TP only know how to make good guitar pop songs, and nothing else. 'Ill Love', 'Lost In The Woods', 'Moving', 'Humming', and 'Bright Lights' are too evident of such pretty, witty talent. Nation domination may not be on their list of things-to-do but judging by this debut that'll be just one of the many spin-offs.
Download
Lost In The Woods