Friday, August 1

July - Album Of Last Month

Ida Maria - Fortress Round My Heart - RCA
You know that feeling you get when you hear something for the first time, and you just know it's special? Not to toot my own horn or anything, but that was the total sense I got when laying my ears around Ida Maria for the first ever time. Then, came ace single after ace single after ace single, and now the album's come around, I hoped/kinda knew the rest of the record would be just as first-rate. And my gosh is it. 'Fortress Round My Heart' is one of the best debuts this year. The anger and guts heard in Ida's croaky, muscly voice is unmistakable; fueled by absolute thespian of choruses that just about ride the right side of the Adele/Duffy line. This girl's got it, for sure.
Download
Queen Of The World
Ida Maria Myspace