Monday, October 6

DJ Mujava

I never normally do this. And by this I mean listen to washy house music. And by normally I mean pretty much ever. But I've certainly got time for DJ Mujava. His tune 'Township Funk' has been shagging the late night Radio 1 playlist (where I first heard it) for a few weeks now, and currently my text message-ringtone too. The rush of bizarre spacey clatter just wishy-washing in and out of the song - it feels like an absolute anthem. I'm not a big clubber but if I was in some hot new club at 2 in the morning, with the dance floor relatively full, and this came on, I'd jump feet first in the middle and shake my ass off like there's no tomorrow. Possibly. But if it gives me those kind of fantasies, then you know it's a special piece of melody.

Download
Township Funk

DJ Mujava