Sunday, March 8

The Belfast Cowboy

Is it bad that I never knew Van Morrison was born in Belfast? I think it may be. All those years riding front seat in my dad's car, forced to listen to such boring, old trollop only to one day totally appreciate it all as rock and roll superstardom, and I still didn't know he was from Belfast until researching this post. Not good.

In 1974 he released an album called 'Veedon Fleece', after a broken marriage and with a new fiancee, he wrote it on holiday in Ireland in less than three weeks. When it came out, Wikipedia says it was underrated and underplayed, maybe because five of its ten songs have ever been played live. But there's one song on there called 'Linden Arden Stole The Highlights', and I just can't put it down. DL it below and you'll see what I mean...

Download
Van Morrison 'Linden Arden Stole The Highlights'