Monday, March 16

Ramble, Ramble, Mackerel

It feels like ages since I last posted anything. And there's so much good stuff I've been head-deep into these last few days. Is 'head-deep' even in a phrase outside of adult video stores? Aren't they now 'adult-DVD stores' anyway? I guess in a few years time they'll be 'adult Blu-ray stores'. Hmm. Oh, where was I?

I was half-tempted to post up Dylan's 'The Times They Are A-Changin'' after watching the brilliant Watchmen the other day, of which it features at the very beginning. I know nothing about comics or Watchmen or anything like that, but I loved the movie. Though I figure anyone with a worthy pulse will have that track anyway.

They may not have this though. It's from my No. 5 Next Big Thing For 09, Liverpool's House That Jack Built. They're playing this week in the city with Married To The Sea, which I really wanna get down to, but don't think I'll be able to make it. You should though. The song is called 'Pipeage' (and mentions mackerels), and is just yet another fine slice of fun indie-pop. And yes, I am fully aware how cliche that mini-review sounded. I'm tired, okay!

Download
House That Jack Built 'Pipeage''