Monday, July 2

Calvin Harris Is A Fucking Genius

Calvin Harris is a fucking genius. He fucking made 'We Found Love', people. Sure, RiRi's vocals are sick and everything, and the song wouldn't be the same without her sick vocals. But Calvin PRODUCED it. Without him, the song wouldn't even be.

He gave us one of the best pop songs this century, and for this, we should be so grateful. But the thing is, he's made tunes half as good as 'We Found Love' (half as good still being immense and amazing and wow, of course).

His first album was blah, to be fair. I actually liked the title, 'I Created Disco', but in 2007 he didn't have the songs to match such an arrogant statement. 'Acceptable in the '80s' was fun at the time, but I'll happily never hear that again. It just sounds novel now.

His next album, 'Ready for the Weekend', was good. But a lot on there wasn't good. I mean, 'I'm Not Alone' - which is probs in the Top 20 21st Century Anthems - is AMAZE, and 'Flashback' and 'Dance Wiv Me' are also very top tuneage.



But Calvin Harris hasn't made a consistent album yet. But what he has done since 2009 is make 'We Found Love'. And 'Bounce'. And 'Feel So Close'. And 'Let's Go'. And 'Well Be Coming Back'. Like, 'Seinfeld's first few seasons weren't insane; it got going by season four.

So the same could be said for the Hazman (Hazman? Maybe that's shit, sorry). My point is he's proper upped his game and adapted and improved and just generally pretty much turned out quite, quite dopes.

So if there's one album that could topple The Maccabees' 'Given to the Wild' from my best of 2012 list, it is Calvin Harris's upcoming third album.

I do need him to stop working with shit people like Scissor Sisters and Cheryl Cole and stuff, though. CALVIN, you are the hottest DJ-producer-man in the world right now! Stop messing your rep!

Nonetheless, respect for making me so fucking excited about your album. October 29 is da release date, and I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT.