Tuesday, April 22

I Like The Guy, But It Hurts To See Good Men Fail


"Still behind him?"

This was the message I sent a fellow red on Monday, about one hour before rumours of David Moyes's sacking started to emerge.

I wanted it to work, I really liked the guy. But something about Sunday's performance against Everton felt like the lowest of the low.

How, after having a full week further than Everton to prepare, did we look naive to the attacking threat of Coleman and Baines? Any fuckwit who half-follows the Premier League will know about those two this season.

It was just so depressing. I backed Moyes all the way, but I can't help but think it's the right decision to get rid. Business-wise, of course it's sensible.

Football-wise, it probably makes sense; he's not shown enough tactical or even mental prowess to turn things around. Is he screaming at the changing room, encouraging them? No, probably not.

Simply, it just feels too big a risk to go another season with him.

I'm really sorry to see him go and it would have been magic - a last Ferguson milestone - for it to work. But we have to accept it hasn't worked out.

He might get it right, he might get the players to perform for him. But he might not. We don't know. And that's the problem.

I don't think we've become a Tottenham or Chelsea by hiring and firing like it means nothing. 7th is just unacceptable.

I must say Ed Woodward's handling of the sacking has been yet another fuck-up. Why is he briefing journalists? He's humiliating the class of Manchester United and humiliating Moyes, and he should be ashamed. When is he going to leave?

If I was CEO, I'd have sacked Moyes on the day those cunts across the motorway get their title-cos-no-SAF-around.

Anyway, after not seeing one Utd game with Moyes in charge, I am sorry to see him go. It just hurts to see good men fail.